TOP

Château La Tour Blanche

The origins of Château La Tour Blanche are somewhat mysterious. Records indicate it has been in existence since at least the 18th century, although the seigneurie of La Tour Blanche predates this by several hundred years. It was a seigneurie that rested in noble hands, as during the 17th century Jean Saint-Marc, seigneur of La Tour Blanche, was the trésorier général for Guyenne.

During the centuries that followed the land and estates came to Jean-Alphonse de Saint-Marc (died 1730), who bequeathed it to his son, Jean-François de Saint-Marc de Razeins (1691 – 1784). There is a small two-storey château on the property, now dwarfed by more recent additions to the estate, possibly inhabited by this noble family, but sadly there are no records to inform us of when this house was erected, nor who was responsible. It is only during the 19th century that the story of Château La Tour Blanche begins to really take shape, beginning with Pierre Pécherie, and then Frédéric Focke.

Château La Tour Blanche

Focke ‘Discovers’ Noble Rot

With the Revolution the property passed into public ownership as a bien national, after which it was sold to Pierre Pécherie.

Please log in to continue reading:

Subscribe Here / Lost Password