Site Index: F
Faults in wine
- Corked Wine A look at the problem of corked wine.
- How to spot faulty wine Find out about the faults that occur with wine here.
- Female Winemakers (12/1/05) Wines from Claire Villars, Vanya Cullen and more.
- Domaine Saint Nicolas (21/8/12) Striking wines from Fiefs Vendéens.
Fifteen Years On
- Fifteen Years On: The 1997 Vintage (4/12/12) Loire Valley domination.
- Fifteen Years On: The 1996 Vintage (13/12/11) In two parts.
- Fifteen Years On: The 1995 Vintage (7/12/10) A broad spread of European styles.
Food and wine
- Pairing wine and food My personal take on matching food and wine.
- Ancient Port Tasting (27/10/06) Ports from the 20th Century, mostly.
- Cockburn's (20/4/05) A friendly old uncle of a Port.
- Dow's (25/11/03, last updated 9/5/08) A top Port house managed by the Symingtons.
- Fonseca (13/2/07) Great wines from the Guimaraens family.
- Gonzalez Byass (21/12/04) A full range of Sherries from this respected bodega.
- Grahams (27/11/03) Includes Quinta dos Malvedos and vintage Port.
- Hidalgo (14/12/04) Fine wines from Sanlúcar de Barrameda.
- Emilio Lustau (7/12/04) A detailed profile of Lustau and the Almacenistas.
- Emilio Lustau Dinner (25/9/02) I taste some Sherry and Tapas with Michael Hall.
- Quinta do Noval (4/12/03) Aged tawnies, colheitas, and young vintage Ports.
- Quinta do Noval, with Christian Seely (4/1/11) Port and table wines tasted.
- Porto Solene (17/2/05) Two new Port releases tasted.
- Ports for Winter (27/11/08) Five wines perfect for wintry evenings.
- Ramos Pinto (31/8/06) A nice range of Ports made in a traditional style.
- Sandeman (11/12/03) Lovely tawnies, and young vintage Ports as well.
- The Styles of Port (29/4/08) Commonly encountered styles, with Dow's & Taylor's.
- Taylor's (2/7/03, updated 1/5/08) A great estate, and many great wines.
- Valdespino (14/12/04) I taste a range from this producer.
- Quinta do Vesuvio (13/4/05) Excellent single quinta Port from the Symingtons.
- Vin Doux Naturel (16/2/06) The Mediterranean way; making wine with mutage.
- Vintage Port 2003 (27/5/05) I taste the wines of a great vintage.
- Vintage Port 1983 (15/2/04) Good value wines, drinking well at 20 years.
- Vintage Port 1985 (11/10/00, updated 6/3/09) Delightful Fonseca in particular.
- Vintage Port 1997 (19/2/03) Two wines from this widely declared vintage.
- Warre's (9/12/03, updated 8/5/07) Another top quality Symington estate.
- Horst Sauer (30/8/05) Tasting and profile of Franken's leading winemaker.
- Four from Jean-Luc Thunevin (24/7/08) Including Chateau Haut-Carles.
- Chateau de la Riviere (29/1/02, updated 29/1/13) A revitalised Fronsac estate.
- Chateau La Vieille Cure (29/1/02, updated 12/8/09) A leading estate in Fronsac.