Site Index: D
- Decanting wine Why and how to decant wine.
- Domaine Huet: Demi-Sec Tasting (3/11/09) Stunning wines, back to 1949.
- 21212 (26/11/09) Fine food from Paul Kitching.
- The Atrium (30/06/10) Roe deer and hogget with a side of thrrrruuum.
- Cafe St Honoré (26/9/08) A little slice of Paris in Edinburgh.
- Champany Inn (11/1/06) Great steaks, wine list and service.
- Greywalls (29/7/11) A grand version of the 19th hole.
- Howie's (11/11/05) Dried out pigeon and burnt lamb.
- The Kitchin (23/1/09) Dinner, as provided by Tom Kitchin.
- Number One, Balmoral Hotel (17/3/06) Super quality here.
- Oloroso (19/12/08) Where's my marrow?
- Peter's Yard (10/10/08) Great lunchtime venue.
- The Plumed Horse (18/1/08) Tony Borthwick in Leith.
- The Tower Restaurant (26/5/06) Hearty fare.
- Valvona & Crolla (14/4/07) Great Italian food.
- The Vintner's Rooms (9/2/05) Lovely restaurant in an historic setting.
- Wedgwood (29/3/13) Foraged leaves and more.
- The Witchery (10/3/07) A disappointing experience.
- Au Bonheur du Palais, Bordeaux (1/3/13) Superb Oriental cuisine.
- La Brasserie de la Gare, Angers (13/4/12) Sorry, the moules are off.
- Le Petit Comptoir (13/2/09) Amazing quality and value in Angers.
- Le Relais, Angers (24/2/12) A magical mystery tour.
- Dow's (25/11/03) A leading Port house managed by the Symingtons.
- Graham's (27/11/03) Includes Quinta dos Malvedos and vintage Port.
- Portugal Wine Guide (28/12/00) My thumbnail guide to the wines of Portugal.
- Portugal Wine Tasting Notes Notes from my cellar, frequently updated.
- Quinta do Noval (4/12/03) Aged tawnies, colheitas, and young vintage Ports.
- Sandeman (11/12/03) Lovely tawnies, and young vintage Ports as well.
- Taylor's (2/7/03) I sample wines from across the range of this leading house.
- Vintage Port 1985 Tasting (11/10/00) Some wines are becoming very approachable.
- Vintage Port 1997 Tasting (19/2/03) Two wines from this widely declared vintage.
- Warre's (9/12/03) A varied selection from another Symington house.