There will be no updates to Winedoctor for a few weeks now, as I take my now traditional annual summer break. Whereas I would usually spend this in the Loire, and usually make some time for visits to vineyards, this year I will be passing my time somewhat further south. That doesn’t exclude visiting any vineyards of course – I will be staying a short drive from Limoux so there should be no shortage of decent wine to drink – but I think my priority is to switch off and spend some time with my kids.
If I have internet access I might update this blog, but I certainly won’t be updating the main site.
Scheduled for the second half of this year, after my return, are:
- Southern Rhône 2000 vintage profile & tasting.
- New Loire profiles: Montgilet, François Chidaine, Clos Roche Blanche, Thierry Puzelat, Pierre & Bertrand Couly & more.
- New Bordeaux profiles: La Pointe, Latour à Pomerol, Haut-Brion.
- Bordeaux Updates: Haut Bailly, Léoville Las Cases, Smith Haut Lafitte and many more, many with new images from my recent Bordeaux trips. Loire updates too; Alphonse Mellot to name but one.
- A new multi-part guide to Burgundy.
- A 1989 twenty-years-on report and tasting, followed by a 1999 ten-years-on report and tasting.
- A look at the Bordeaux 2007 vintage, in bottle, from the annual UGC tasting.
- And also at the Bordeaux 2005 vintage, at four years, at the IMW tasting.
- A look at the red wines of the Loire from 2005, particularly the Anjou, Saumur and Touraine appellations.
- One or two Limoux profiles – I suspect!
And probably some more waffle on this blog, too.